The Center for Self-Sufficiency is one of 30 organizations that will receive support through the Potawatomi Bingo Casino’s Miracle on Canal Street. The total funds raised through bingo games and special events will be distributed among the 30 selected organizations.
Since it began in 1994, Miracle on Canal Street has contributed more than $10.5 million to nearly 350 local children’s charities. Each year funds are generated through Miracle bingo games and other special events.
Thirty children’s charities from Southeastern Wisconsin in 2010 split $997,426. The grand total for 2011 will be announced during the Miracle Bingo Bash on Friday, December 9, 2011. To learn more about the Miracle on Canal Street program or how you can show your support, visit www.paysbig.com/miracle.
The 2011 Miracle on Canal Street recipient organizations selected are:
- Agape Community Center of Milwaukee, Inc.
- Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin, Inc.
- Best Buddies Wisconsin
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee, Inc. (presented by CBS 58)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Racine & Kenosha Counties, Inc.
- Center for Self-Sufficiency, Inc.
- Christmas Clearing Council of Waukesha County
- Civic Music Association of Milwaukee, Inc.
- COA Youth and Family Centers (presented by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel)
- Community Advocates, Inc.
- First Stage Children’s Theater (presented by WITI FOX 6)
- Friends of Abused Families, Inc.
- Harry & Rose Samson Family Jewish Community Center, Inc.
- Hunger Task Force of Milwaukee, Inc. (presented by Milwaukee Radio Group (WHQG, WJMR, WZBK, WKLH)
- Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful, Inc. (presented by Lamar Outdoor)
- Kids Matter, Inc.
- Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin, Inc.
- Milwaukee Public Library Foundation, Inc. (presented by The Milwaukee Business Journal)
- Milwaukee Public Museum, Inc.
- Next Door Foundation
- Peace Learning Center of Milwaukee, Inc.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin, Inc. (presented by Clear Channel Outdoor)
- Skylight Opera Theatre
- The Council for the Spanish Speaking, Inc.
- The Friends of the Mukwonago Community Library
- Variety – The Children’s Charity of Wisconsin, Inc.
- VSA Wisconsin, Inc.
- Wisconsin Community Services, Inc.
- Wisconsin Humane Society (presented by Journal Broadcast Group – WTMJ-TV, WLWK-FM, WTMJ-AM)
- Zoological Society of Milwaukee (presented by Clear Channel Radio – WRIT, WMIL, WISN, WKKV, WRNW, WOKY)